Hello Band Parents & Students
Here are a few things you need to know regarding the HS Band Award Ceremony happening on Tuesday, May 25, 2021, beginning at 5:00pm, which will be held at the James Island County Park (JICP) Wappoo Shelter. This event is for in-person students and their immediate families.
What-To-Do for May 25- SOA HS Band Awards Ceremony:
- Students to Load trailer during the school day
- 3:15 – Trailer departs for JICP
- 4:00 – Arrive at JICP (Wappoo Shelter); unload trailer
- 4:30 – Sound check for Jazz Bands
- 5:00 – Jazz Lab performs
- 5:20 – SOA Jazz performs
- 6:00 – Awards begin
- 7:00 – Awards conclude- load trailer
- 7:30 – Trailer back to SOA
- Unload the trailer the next day during school
Jazz Band’s Attire: Black SOA Jazz Polo Shirt, Black Pants and Black Shoes
- At this time, per Dr. Cook, virtual students cannot participate in events with the in-person students. Any questions regarding this policy should be sent to Mr. Turner or Dr. Cook.
- We are asking all families to adhere to social distancing and face covering when within 6 feet of others not in your group. Masks are optional when in your own family groups.
- Students and families arriving at the park will have to pay $2 per person (under 2 yrs old free) at the gate if they are not Charleston County Parks and Recreation (CCPR) Gold Pass Members or employees of CCPR.
- SOA HS Band Booster will be providing boxed dinners and water. If you want any other non-alcoholic beverages, please bring those on your own.
Absolutely NO Alcoholic beverage of any kind will be allowed.
- There are several picnic tables located at the Wappoo Shelter, however, if you do have folding lawn chairs, please bring those for your family so that we can group by household as much as possible.
- We recommend bringing bug spray for your family since this is an outdoor event.
Having to deal with COVID restrictions during the past year has been very difficult on our students, faculty and families. Yet through it all, our band students, especially the Senior class, have endured these trying times and deserve this moment to enjoy and to be recognized for their successes and hard work in perfecting their musical crafts. Please come prepared to do just that…‘enjoy the moment’ and celebrate our Artists.
See you on Tuesday, May 25th